- It's a power ballad. Already, we're looking at guilt here.
- It's a rock group led by a woman dressed in vaguely provocative clothing and occasionally standing in front of a stage fan.
- Said woman - Tara Slone - was on an American reality show competition - more on that in a minute.
- That's Tommy Lee sitting on the couch with Ms. Slone.
- Tara Slone is also a morning show host - more on THAT in a minute as well.
The pleasure should be obvious - it's a decent power ballad, instantly catchy, and it SHOULD have been a much bigger hit in the States than it was. It was a minor hit in Canada, which is a good thing.
Oh, and as for my earlier references. Tara Slone is best known in the States for appearing on the reality competition RockStar:INXS, a show whose prize was the lead vocalist's position in INXS. Here she is, singing an INXS song for her survival. While she didn't win - that job went to J.D. Fortune, who I will feature another day on this blog - she did an admirable job on this tune.
And, as for her morning hosting duties - she is currently a morning hostess on Breakfast Television Calgary. Here she is, using her musical background to interview another musician.
Post a Comment